Social Media Acceptable Use
By "Liking" or “Posting Comments to” the City of Whitefish Facebook Page or any City of Whitefish Department Facebook Page, you agree to adhere to this Acceptable Use Policy, and understand that comments or posts which fail to meet the requirements outlined in this Acceptable Use Policy may be removed.
"Acceptable Use Policy:
Communicating with the City through social media enables you to contact the City in a
direct and meaningful way. If you wish to comment or post material on this site you do so with the understanding that you agree to this policy and its standards of use as an initial and ongoing condition of your use
When engaging with the City of Whitefish through the City's social media sites, you agree to the following:
- Every comment or posting you make to a City of Whitefish social media site is a public record and may be disseminated, reproduced, or copied by the City or any other person without any further action by the poster or without notice by the City of such. You agree you have no reasonable expectation of privacy in anything you post to a City social media site.
- Comments must be related to the posted topic for the City's social media page or post. The City of Whitefish department and division social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service complaints. For general comments or communications concerning a department or division, please contact the department or division directly by phone, email or in person.
- Comments posted to these sites are monitored by City employees and, while comments will not be edited by the City, a comment (or an appropriate portion thereof) may be removed if it violates any part of this policy.
- When you post you are subject to the policies, rules, and regulations (i.e. the Terms of Service (TOS)) of the host site. Information (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official City of Whitefish department, division, board or committee pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website's TOS.
- Comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed and maybe removed by the City without notice to you:
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or ballot issues.
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial enterprise or solicitation of
- The use of profane, obscene, threatening, or harassing language.
- Personal attacks of any kind.
- Comments that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or actual or perceived sexual
orientation, gender identity, or disability as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local law;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Comments that violate the protected privacy interests of any person.
- Comments advocating illegal activity.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party; and
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official City site where the department, division, board or committee allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Acceptable Use Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site.
Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be removed.
Questions or concerns regarding the City of Whitefish's social media activity, the City's social media policy and/or this Acceptable Use Policy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
By commenting or posting material to any City social media site you agree that every time you visit this site or any other City internet site you will be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy."