Fire / Ambulance
PRESS RELEASE - Carnegie Mellon University Graduate Students Helping Whitefish Fire Department. The study is an effort to identify potential satellite fire stations.
Carnegie Mellon University Planning for Greater Area Fighting Resources Presentation
The vision of the Whitefish Fire Department is to achieve a level of service that exceeds our community’s expectations, guided by the principles of our core values.
The Core Values of the Whitefish Fire Department are:
TEAM: We understand that it is only through the synergy of our team that we are able to meet our commitment to our community and each other.
PROFESSIONALISM: We will demonstrate our commitment to our community and each other by maintaining a knowledgeable and skilled workforce that strives for perfection, never settling for "good enough."
INTEGRITY: We understand that we are the guardians of the public’s trust. We will do the right thing for the right reason.
COMPASSION: We believe in and will advocate for the dignity of all people regardless of the time of day, nature of the call for service, or condition of the person. we will treat all people with patience, kindness and understanding.
SERVICE: Above all else, we understand we are here to meet the needs of the community, guests, and visitors, while being good stewards of our taxpayer’s resources.
TRUST: We trust one another to prepare for and act in such a way that provides for the safety, effectiveness, and reputation of our team, our community and the fire service.
It is the mission of the Whitefish Fire Department to:
- Protect the lives and property of the people of the City of Whitefish, the surrounding Whitefish Fire Service Area, and those traveling through our community from fire, natural disaster, and hazardous materials.
- Save lives and improve life by providing emergency medical services as part of the Flathead County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system.
- Rescue people from precarious situations.
- Prevent fires, injuries, and emergencies through education, prevention, and fire and life safety code programs.
- Provide a safe working environment for all our firefighters; career, part-time, and volunteer, which encourages excellence through the synergy of our team.
- Develop relationships with our automatic mutual aid partners to aid in providing timely quality emergency services.