Fire / Ambulance
Open Burning Permits
Open burning is an option from October 1 through November 30 with an approved permit issued by the Fire Marshal for the City of Whitefish. Download your permit application.
Whitefish Fire Department
Master Plan Presentation
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
7:00 PM at the O’Shaughnessy Center
The City of Whitefish hired AP Triton to produce a Master Plan for the Whitefish Fire Department. Project Manager Richard Buchanan will present the draft report during a public meeting at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, November 2nd at the O'Shaughnessy Center.
A Master Plan is a high level, big picture look into the future that typically covers a period of 10 to 15 years. The plan examines current conditions and forecasts future service demands. This long-term planning is important for any organization to effectively respond to growth. Master Plans may be followed by a Strategic Plan, which is a short-term plan that usually covers 3 to 5 years. A Strategic Plan identifies the most important goals in order to set priorities, define objectives, and determine the priority of steps needed to achieve those goals.
Please join Mr. Buchanan for his presentation followed by a Q&A session
on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM at the O’Shaughnessy Center,
located at One Central Avenue in downtown Whitefish.
The vision of the Whitefish Fire Department is to achieve a level of service that exceeds our community’s expectations, guided by the principles of our core values.
The Core Values of the Whitefish Fire Department are:
TEAM: We understand that it is only through the synergy of our team that we are able to meet our commitment to our community and each other.
PROFESSIONALISM: We will demonstrate our commitment to our community and each other by maintaining a knowledgeable and skilled workforce that strives for perfection, never settling for "good enough."
INTEGRITY: We understand that we are the guardians of the public’s trust. We will do the right thing for the right reason.
COMPASSION: We believe in and will advocate for the dignity of all people regardless of the time of day, nature of the call for service, or condition of the person. We will treat all people with patience, kindness, and understanding.
SERVICE: Above all else, we understand we are here to meet the needs of the community, guests, and visitors, while being good stewards of our taxpayer’s resources.
TRUST: We trust one another to prepare for and act in such a way that provides for the safety, effectiveness, and reputation of our team, our community, and the fire service.
It is the Mission of the Whitefish Fire Department to:
- Protect the lives and property of the people of the City of Whitefish, the surrounding Whitefish Fire Service Area, and those traveling through our community from fire, natural disaster, and hazardous materials.
- Save lives and improve life by providing emergency medical services as part of the Flathead County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system.
- Rescue people from precarious situations.
- Prevent fires, injuries, and emergencies through education, prevention, and fire and life safety code programs.
- Provide a safe working environment for all our firefighters, which encourages excellence through the synergy of our team.
- Develop relationships with our mutual aid partners to provide timely and quality emergency services.