To set up a new utility account, customers will need to provide a completed application form, provide a copy of a valid drivers license or ID and a deposit of $150.00. Automatic bill pay, online bill pay and traditional methods of payment are accepted. For more information please contact our staff at 406-863-2456 or 2457 or email. Click on-line bill pay to set up or access on-line bill paying.
Energy Assistance Program Applications are accepted October 1st - April 30th. Call 406-758-5433, www.capnm.net, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garbage Pickup for the City of Whitefish is contracted with North Valley Refuse. Please contact them at 406-862-4381, regarding any questions about billing and pick up service.
Curb-side recycling options:
1. You can sign up with North Valley Refuse for curb-side recycling at an additional cost of $4.00 per month. Contact 406-862-4381. The recycling materials of aluminum, #1 and #2 plastics, newspapers, and magazines can all be recycled in this curb-side service.
2. New World Recycling also provides curb-side recycling in Whitefish and they will also pick up other recyclables and glass for re-use.
3. Flathead Valley Green Machines/Green Montana Recycling also provides curb-side recycling in Whitefish and they will also pick up glass and other recyclables.
Drop off recycling: Starting February 1, 2016: All recycling containers are located at the northwest corner of Columbia Avenue & Railway Street.
1. The City of Whitefish provides one central location for drop off recycling of many items. See below for sorting requirements.
There are three separate types of bins for sorting recyclable material:
One bin is for newspapers and inserts, magazines, brochures, office paper, junk mail, envelopes.
One bin is for aluminum cans, tin cans, plastics #1 and #2 - please remove and do not recycle all lids
One bin is for corrugated cardboard, paper board such as cereal boxes, egg cartons, and brown paper bags - please no waxed cardboard or pizza boxes as they gum up the machinery. Thank you.
2. Pharmaceuticals and prescriptions can be dropped off in a secure recycling bin at the City of Whitefish Police Station in the Emergency Services Center at 275 Flathead Avenue in Whitefish. Picture to the right.
3. Pacific Steel and Recycling in Kalispell - 105 Montclair
4. New World Recycling accepts glass and other recyclables at their location at 4969 Hwy 2 East, northeast of Glacier International Airport. No charge, but donations are greatly appreciated to offset costs.
5. Xanterra at 1st Avenue West and U.S. Hwy 2 in Columbia Falls accepts glass and other recyclables
6. Waste Not Project brochure lists a lot of recycling options.