Keep updated on Road Closures and Public Works Projects going on around the City FacebookPage
The Public Works Department is dedicated to maintaining and improving the quality of life in Whitefish by building and maintaining municipal infrastruture, planning for future needs, promoting environmental quality, managing utility billing, and providing customer service and public relations.
The administrative, engineering and utility services staff are located in City Hall at 1005 Baker Avenue and provide the following services:
- Customer service & public relations
- Utility billing
- Preparation & administration of annual budgets
- Engineering management & design for City sponsored construction projects
- Plan review, coordination & oversight of private land development & subdivision projects
The Public Works field staff generally operate out of the City Shop, Water Plant and Wastewater Plant providing such services as:
- Road construction & maintenance, including asphalt paving & patching, street sweeping, snow plowing, traffice signs & pavement markings
- Operation & maintenance of water and sewage treatment facilities
- Installation, operation & maintenance of water distribution, sewage collection & storm drainage systems
- Solid waste collection (contracted to North Valley Refuse, 406-862-4381)
- Fleet maintenance
All divisions of the Public Works Department may be reached during regular business hours by calling the 406-863-2460 or Customer Service desk at 406-863-2457. In addition, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, weekend or holiday emergencies should be reported to 406-863-2420.